Quantcast

Android SDK

grarpamp
Is anyone out there using the SDK under FreeBSD?
Is there a port of the source somewhere? Preferably of 2.3.3?
ie: not linuxulated

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
http://source.android.com/source/index.html
http://code.google.com/android/add-ons/google-apis/index.html

I've found a couple projects, yet as this is new area to me it's
not easy to discern their scope/status. Any others?

http://bsdroid.org/tiki-index.php
http://gitorious.org/freebroid

Re: Android SDK

Любомир Григоров
I believe the bsdroid is the best one, but I haven't got it to work with
Eclipse. Also, it is the SDK only, so you are on your own for the emulator.

2011/4/8 grarpamp <[hidden email]>

> Is anyone out there using the SDK under FreeBSD?
> Is there a port of the source somewhere? Preferably of 2.3.3?
> ie: not linuxulated
>
> http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
> http://source.android.com/source/index.html
> http://code.google.com/android/add-ons/google-apis/index.html
>
> I've found a couple projects, yet as this is new area to me it's
> not easy to discern their scope/status. Any others?
>
> http://bsdroid.org/tiki-index.php
> http://gitorious.org/freebroid

Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)

Re: Android SDK

grarpamp
> I believe the bsdroid is the best one, but I haven't got it to work with
> Eclipse. Also, it is the SDK only, so you are on your own for the emulator.

As I don't have hardware yet, it is the emulator I need the most, go figure.
It appears to be buildable under Linux and MacOS (BSD-ish).
 http://source.android.com/source/building.html
It'll be a couple weeks before I can try and see, I need a better
environment first. That works ok as others here may chime in.

Eclipse took a solid day of compiling to build the last time I tried it.
But eventually I did end up with native freebsd swt libraries
for use with what I think was azureus at that time.

Re: Android SDK

Henry Hu
BSDroid does include an emulator.
I used to develop android applications on FreeBSD, with Eclipse.
Generally all the developing functions work properly, including running on
the emulator and debugging on a real device.
You need to run adb as root to communicate with the device, and it always
needs restarting.

As I remember, once I built a usable emulator. However later I switched to
the emulator in BSDroid.

I also have linux version of android SDK installed. You may also use the
emulator in it. However, the adb in it does not function properly here.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM, grarpamp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I believe the bsdroid is the best one, but I haven't got it to work with
> > Eclipse. Also, it is the SDK only, so you are on your own for the
> emulator.
>
> As I don't have hardware yet, it is the emulator I need the most, go
> figure.
> It appears to be buildable under Linux and MacOS (BSD-ish).
>  http://source.android.com/source/building.html
> It'll be a couple weeks before I can try and see, I need a better
> environment first. That works ok as others here may chime in.
>
> Eclipse took a solid day of compiling to build the last time I tried it.
> But eventually I did end up with native freebsd swt libraries
> for use with what I think was azureus at that time.

Cheers,
Henry