Quantcast

Asus 1251N and Broadcom wireless drivers

Asus 1251N and Broadcom wireless drivers

Slono Slono
Good gettimeofday(),

I want to use AsusEEPC 1251N with FreeBSD9, however have found out that in FreeBSD not enough its code supporting.

On the wireless, netbook have Broadcom Wi-fi 4313:

none1@pci0:2:0:0:       class=0x028000 card=0x20471a3b chip=0x472714e4 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device     = 'BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller'
    class      = network

which is not supported by bwn.ko or bwi.ko module.

If I somehow can improve a situation - to give any information on the equipment (or I can give access on netbook via SSH access) - please inform me.
Very much it would be desirable to see in work FreeBSD. Thanks

Re: Asus 1251N and Broadcom wireless drivers

Adrian Chadd-4
Someone needs to help port the driver, I'm afraid. :)

Adrian