Quantcast

Locate updatedb

Elijah Savage-2
Running 6.1 fresh install one of my routines after installing is
updating the locate database but I am getting errors and it is not
fulling updating.

locate: integer out of +-MAXPATHLEN (1024): 1027
locate: integer out of +-MAXPATHLEN (1024): 1027

Re: Locate updatedb

Lowell Gilbert
Elijah Savage <[hidden email]> writes:

> Running 6.1 fresh install one of my routines after installing is
> updating the locate database but I am getting errors and it is not
> fulling updating.
>
> locate: integer out of +-MAXPATHLEN (1024): 1027
> locate: integer out of +-MAXPATHLEN (1024): 1027

You have paths that are over 1024 characters long.
Tell updatedb not to use them (/etc/locate.rc exists for this).