Quantcast

kernel: warning: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()

kernel: warning: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()

mato
Hi,

I've been seeing the following on 7.x and 8.0 during boot:

Jan  8 09:38:49 mb-aw1n-bsd kernel: WARNING: attempt to
domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()

It did not happen on 6.x.  Is it a known issue ?

Regards,

Martin

Re: kernel: warning: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()

John Baldwin
On Friday 08 January 2010 4:51:19 am martinko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been seeing the following on 7.x and 8.0 during boot:
>
> Jan  8 09:38:49 mb-aw1n-bsd kernel: WARNING: attempt to
> domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
>
> It did not happen on 6.x.  Is it a known issue ?

I believe so.  You can make the warning go away by compiling the bluetooth
modules into your kernel or loading them via loader.conf.

--
John Baldwin

Re: kernel: warning: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()

Masoom Shaikh-3
On Friday January 8 2010 13:43:21 John Baldwin wrote:

> On Friday 08 January 2010 4:51:19 am martinko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been seeing the following on 7.x and 8.0 during boot:
> >
> > Jan  8 09:38:49 mb-aw1n-bsd kernel: WARNING: attempt to
> > domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
> >
> > It did not happen on 6.x.  Is it a known issue ?
>
> I believe so.  You can make the warning go away by compiling the bluetooth
> modules into your kernel or loading them via loader.conf.

I load the bluetooth netgraph node via loader.conf
ng_ubt_load="YES"

I receive this warning as well, no idea with previous releases prior to 7.0
but I have always observed this warning.

slightly off topic
how to compile ng_ubt in kernel, it is not mentioned in man page, never
bothered to dig, as it not required but kind of nice to have

Masoom Shaikh wrote:

> On Friday January 8 2010 13:43:21 John Baldwin wrote:
>> On Friday 08 January 2010 4:51:19 am martinko wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been seeing the following on 7.x and 8.0 during boot:
>>>
>>> Jan  8 09:38:49 mb-aw1n-bsd kernel: WARNING: attempt to
>>> domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
>>>
>>> It did not happen on 6.x.  Is it a known issue ?
>>
>> I believe so.  You can make the warning go away by compiling the bluetooth
>> modules into your kernel or loading them via loader.conf.
>>

> I load the bluetooth netgraph node via loader.conf
> ng_ubt_load="YES"
>
> I receive this warning as well, no idea with previous releases prior to 7.0
> but I have always observed this warning.

Indeed, I've done it always this way and I can confirm it worked on 6.x
but prints warnings on 7.2 and 8.0 (I have at hands at the moment).

$ grep bt /boot/loader.conf.local
ng_ubt_load="YES"

martinko wrote:

> Masoom Shaikh wrote:

>>> I believe so. You can make the warning go away by compiling the
>>> bluetooth
>>> modules into your kernel or loading them via loader.conf.
>>>

>> I load the bluetooth netgraph node via loader.conf
>> ng_ubt_load="YES"
>>
>> I receive this warning as well, no idea with previous releases prior
>> to 7.0
>> but I have always observed this warning.
>
> Indeed, I've done it always this way and I can confirm it worked on 6.x
> but prints warnings on 7.2 and 8.0 (I have at hands at the moment).
>
> $ grep bt /boot/loader.conf.local
> ng_ubt_load="YES"

Hm..  I've just realized that 4 modules are loaded via loader.conf:
13    1 0xc10cb000 6778     ng_ubt.ko
14    4 0xc10d2000 d9f4     netgraph.ko
15    2 0xc10e0000 df6c     ng_hci.ko
16    3 0xc10ee000 23a0     ng_bluetooth.ko

Yet there's still 1 loaded during boot via rc.conf:
27    1 0xc3ab9000 21000    ng_btsocket.ko

Most likely because of the following:
bthidd_enable="YES"

martinko wrote:

> martinko wrote:
>> Masoom Shaikh wrote:
>>>
>>> I load the bluetooth netgraph node via loader.conf
>>> ng_ubt_load="YES"
>>>
>>> I receive this warning as well, no idea with previous releases prior
>>> to 7.0
>>> but I have always observed this warning.
>>
>> Indeed, I've done it always this way and I can confirm it worked on 6.x
>> but prints warnings on 7.2 and 8.0 (I have at hands at the moment).
>>
>> $ grep bt /boot/loader.conf.local
>> ng_ubt_load="YES"
>>

> Hm.. I've just realized that 4 modules are loaded via loader.conf:
> 13 1 0xc10cb000 6778 ng_ubt.ko
> 14 4 0xc10d2000 d9f4 netgraph.ko
> 15 2 0xc10e0000 df6c ng_hci.ko
> 16 3 0xc10ee000 23a0 ng_bluetooth.ko
>
> Yet there's still 1 loaded during boot via rc.conf:
> 27 1 0xc3ab9000 21000 ng_btsocket.ko
>
> Most likely because of the following:
> bthidd_enable="YES"

Well, either because of bthidd or hcsecd, they're started one after
another and the warning is displayed close to them.