Quantcast

run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

mato
Hallo,

I've just tried 7.2-RELEASE (amd64) on Asus M3A78-EM motherboard and
booting got stuck with the following:

run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

 From what I've found via Google it should be fixed already but
apparently it is not. :-(

Is there a way to work around this issue and successfully boot and
install FreeBSD, please ?

Thanks,

Martin

Re: run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

Dan Nelson
In the last episode (May 12), martinko said:

> I've just tried 7.2-RELEASE (amd64) on Asus M3A78-EM motherboard and
> booting got stuck with the following:
>
> run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config
>
> From what I've found via Google it should be fixed already but apparently
> it is not.  :-(
>
> Is there a way to work around this issue and successfully boot and install
> FreeBSD, please ?

Do you have a connected firewire device?  Try unplugging it during bootup,
or kldload the sbp module after bootup instead of via loader.conf.

--
        Dan Nelson

Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (May 12), martinko said:
>> I've just tried 7.2-RELEASE (amd64) on Asus M3A78-EM motherboard and
>> booting got stuck with the following:
>>
>> run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config
>>
>> From what I've found via Google it should be fixed already but apparently
>> it is not.  :-(
>>
>> Is there a way to work around this issue and successfully boot and install
>> FreeBSD, please ?
>
> Do you have a connected firewire device?  Try unplugging it during bootup,
> or kldload the sbp module after bootup instead of via loader.conf.

This is booting on fresh new computer from DVD installation media.
And nothing is attached (except USB keyboard and VGA monitor;)).

Btw, I've just tried booting recent PC-BSD (7.1) from USB drive but it
failed the same way, unfortunately.

Any other ideas how to install FreeBSD on this system, please ?

Cheers,

Martin

Re: run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

David La Croix-2
I experienced the same problem (same motherboard) ...    both amd64
and i386 versions did the exact same thing ...

I got the installer to work by going into the BIOS and disabling the
onboard firewire.

David La Croix wrote:
> I experienced the same problem (same motherboard) ...    both amd64
> and i386 versions did the exact same thing ...
>
> I got the installer to work by going into the BIOS and disabling the
> onboard firewire.

Well, I can confirm that disabling on-board FireWire helps (though it is
workaround only which may be an issue for users of FireWire devices).

Thank you, David, for the hint!

M.